Searching for the Best Tablet For College Students?
Online working is something with which we are getting very accustomed to day-by-day. From communicating with someone to making payments to finding information about an unknown person or a thing, everything is done online.
In the current situation, online mode is playing a significant role in students’ life as they cannot go and study physically in their respective institutions. And as a result, students are solely dependent on online classes and assignments.
I don’t think books and pens can do the work anymore, they have gone totally out of the question. Here, the quality of digital equipment such as laptops, tablets, smartphones, etc., takes quite a prominent niche.
There’s no way we can ignore that at the price of compromising education. For college students, who are in their freshman year, usually face this problem of deciding which brand of laptop or tablet to buy and what are the things they need to consider before deciding on one.
Whether it is for academics or game lovers, or bibliophiles, compromising on quality seems like a big no-no move. But how will the buyers get to know if they are making the right choice?
Well, worry, not. Because this article will help you out with just that. You’ll surely be able to decide which tablet would be competent for you by the end.
- 8 Best Tablet For College Students In 2021
- Buying Guide To Best Tablet For College Students
- Frequently Asked Questions About Best Tablet For College Students
8 Best Tablet For College Students In 2021
Samsung galaxy tab S7 is the newest release by Samsung ⁶in 2020 which is said to be a much-improved version of the previous Galaxy S6 tablet. This tablet is the most recommended tablet for students whether they are studying in schools or colleges. It is an 11-inch tablet with an impressively sleek design and looks.
It is only 6.3 mm thick, which makes it easy to fit in most bags. Its size is big enough for watching videos and movies as well as reading and writing. This tablet uses Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 865+ chipset.
It has an Octa-cc feature benefits a lot, primarily to students as this makes note-taking easy. With a resolution of 1640×2360 pixels and 10.9 inches display, the display becomes quite enchanting for viewers. Besides, it comes with storage 64GB and 256GB, 4 GB RAM, 12 MP front camera and 7MP rear camera. Battery life is up to 10 hours.
- Supports apple pencil and magic keyboard
- Fastest Processor
- Great display and good battery life
- High-end price
If we view this tablet individually without the keyboard, it is quite cheap for students. The 8th Gen Intel Core m3 – Intel Pentium Gold Processor 4425Y is again a strong processor. Available in 64GB-128GB SSD, 4GB to 8GB RAM and 5MP front-facing camera with 1080p Skype HD video, 8MP rear-facing camera with 1080p HD video. It has a 10.5-inch display and resolution of 1920×1280 pixels. This tablet has 10 hours of great battery life.
- Solid design
- Comes with a kickstand
- Good mic and audio
- USB-C type port
- Keyboard not included in the price
Apple iPad’s need no introduction in the coliseum of tablets. This gadget operates on the most advanced and sterile OS created to date. This tablet runs on the iPad OS 13.4, it has 11-inch display with a resolution of 2388 x 1668 pixels.
The display works on the most refined display technology of Apple having a refresh rate of 120Hz and is the brightest for usage in real-world. Apple strongly states that in the last few months, the new iPad Pro was faster than 92% portable notebooks sold. All that was only possible with the help of robust A12Z Bionic.
In a more straightforward explanation, the new IPad pro is quite responsive and powerful to tackle highly complicated chores like editing high-quality videos, graphic designing. Multitasking is very easy for this device.
The device has a RAM of 6 GB and is available with a variety of storage options up to 1TB, which is a huge addition for users who easily run out of their storage spaces. The tablet is provided with a single USB Type-C port with other features like FaceID. It also provides supporting SIM if you opt for the cellular edition.
- Ease in multitasking
- Good battery life
- Powerful processor
- SIM slot
Another incredible iPad that Apple delivers is the iPad Air. It’s quality and efficient working can’t just be ignored. Aim to Photoshop or video editing or other data processing tasks but also want one that is suitable for your daily needs?
In that case, this iPad is suitable for you. A perfect go to a buddy for all the college or even school students out there.
Like iPad pro, this tab also comes with an option to add a magic keyboard and Apple pen to use on it. This feature benefits a lot, primarily to students as this makes note-taking easy.
With a resolution of 1640×2360 pixels and 10.9 inches display, the display becomes quite enchanting for viewers. Besides, it comes with storage 64GB and 256GB, 4 GB RAM, 12 MP front camera and 7MP rear camera. Battery life is up to 10 hours.
Overall, it is a great tablet for both academics and your precious leisure time.
- Supports apple pencil and magic keyboard
- Fastest Processor
- Great display with 10.9 inches and 1640×2360 pixels resolution and long battery life
- Available in two different storage variants, 64GB and 256GB
- High-end price
Another Microsoft masterpiece is this tablet which is also a 2-in-1 device. Which is also a big plus for college students as they can easily turn their tablet into a laptop whenever they want to. The people who don’t like to type on inbuilt keyboards can use this feature to their advantage.
The tablet is equipped with a substantial benefit which is that it is being powered by a processor designed by the ARM architecture. The tablet is believed to be one of the most preferred tablets for students. The design of this tablet is quite elegantly made to look classy in the hands of the owner.
Microsoft provides excellent performance and good graphics quality. With this tablet, you will get to experience the performance of a custom-made CPU developed by the brand with Qualcomm, Microsoft SQ1.
Aside from that, this device is light in weight, compact and portable. The USB type C ports have been made available in the Surface Pro devices with this tablet. The tablet is available in two variants of 8GB and 16GB.
It is advised to buy the version with 16GB to store more and more. You can expand your storage furthermore with the help of a memory card as well.
The gist of all is this tablet is a right fit for a student. They can do their college work in this with great effectiveness and efficiency without worrying about the battery or storage running out so soon.
- A 2-in-1 device can be transformed into a laptop too
- 13 hours of battery life in a single charge
- Light in weight and compact
- It runs on a custom-made CPU developed by the brand with Qualcomm, Microsoft SQ1.
- The device does not come with the basic 3.5 headphones/audio jack, which can be a problem.
I wouldn’t go that far as to call this tablet “mind-blowing” or an “all-rounder”, but it is indeed an excellent device for students who value mobility and solace of use. It is a valuable device for modest and ordinary tasks.
This tablet runs on Chrome OS with MediaTek Helio P60T processor. With the storage capacity of 64 GB / 128GB, 4 GB RAM, and 2 MP front and 8 MP rear camera, assures students of its quality.
Designers can benefit a lot from this tab with ARM G72 MP3 graphics. Fan of Netflix and chill? Its 10.1-inch display and a resolution of 1920×1200 pixels, almost make it irresistible to ignore. Moreover, it has up to thirteen hours of battery life. Thus, students can benefit a lot from this tablet without breaking the bank.
- Long battery life
- Portable and compact
- More than enough storage capacity with 4GB RAM and is available in two variants 64GB and 128GB
- Only suitable for simple and everyday tasks
- No memory card slot
Huawei notebook signature tablet is reasonable for most students. The main and the best thing about the tablet is its powerful Intel Core i5-7Y54 processor with a processor speed of 1.2 GHz.
It enables us to multitask effectively and efficiently. This tablet is a 12.9-inch display size which provides perfect viewing for whatever you do. Further, it is only 6.9mm in thickness and hence makes it lighter and compact.
It arrives with a side fingerprint sensor which makes it very easy to use. It makes multitasking relatively straightforward as this feature allows accessing windows desktop, finishing fingerprint authentications and unlocking the tablet with just one touch. This feature provides excellent security. It comes with a 2160×1440 high-resolution display and has 8GB RAM and 256 GB M.2 SATA3 SSD hard disk capacity.
- Amazing graphics and great display due to the resolution as high as 2160×1440 pixels
- Spectacular sound quality to full online lecture experience
- long battery life works up to 9hours in a single charge
- Relatively short battery life
Its exciting name with 360 degrees hinge allows the device to be operated in four different modes like the Typing, Watch, Browse and Create modes. What makes this tablet the most suitable for students is its ability to convert your physical notes into digital form. The FHD IPS touchscreen is around 10.1 inches.
This tablet is a 2-in-1 device which is built like a standard paper notebook. People who have an interest in writing could benefit a lot from it because of its design which takes writing experience to a whole new level. The tablet runs on Intel Atom x5-Z8550 processor that ensures the device’s smooth working or performance.
The Real Pen allows taking notes or making sketches with real ink. This device also uses passive EMR (Electromagnetic Resistance) technology to work out what the user is writing and then digitally transport it into an app provided by the company called Lenovo’s Note Saver.
It has a RAM of 4GB, and the size of the internal memory is 64GB. It comes with an 8500 mAh battery. Moreover, it comes with a micro SD card that can support storage up to 128GB capacity. The high-resolution display offers a resolution of 1920×1200 pixels. And finally, it has a 3.5mm headset jack and Micro USB port.
- 12 hours of long battery life in a single charge
- Compact and lightweight
- Great display with 1920×1200
- Comes with 4GB RAM and 64GB internal memory
- Equipped with Electromagnetic Resistance
- Does not allow cloud note syncing
Buying Guide To Best Tablet For College Students
- Compare different brands: Look out for the different brands available in the market. IOS, Android, and Windows are very common. Each of them has its characteristics, and the preference mostly depends on the user’s past devices. When Android tablets are compared with other different manufacturers, the specifications of RAM and processor become more critical than before.
- Check out the specifications: Always keep in mind the specifics that need to be considered before buying any digital equipment. The resolution, storage, battery life etc. These specifications depend on person to person’s needs.
- Set a budget: Low standard tablets usually start at around USD 200, while the highest-priced iPad with almost every feature available will set you back at USD 900. The low price usually means insufficient processing power and limited storage. The quality of the display will also suffer in low-priced tablets So it is vital to decide upon appropriation firsthand.
- Resolution: The size of the display is given in the number of pixels that are visible on the screen. If you’re looking for a great display in a tablet, then you need to look for one that offers a high definition. In this case, 1920×1080 is a perfect fit. Though it also depends on the size of the tablet you are looking for. For instance, 1280×800 seems to be a fair resolution for a 10-inch tablet.
- RAM/Memory: Make sure that the tablet you are buying has sufficient RAM. Most tablets either come with either 2GB, 3GB, 4GB or even 6GB. You might also find tablets in the market with only 1GB. Don’t make the mistake of buying those. Using a tablet with 2GB is going to work fine with you. But again, it is highly dependent upon your choices.
- Processor: The brand of a processor doesn’t matter as much as it’s technical specifications. Speed and the number of cores plays an important role. The most expensive tablets in the market have octa-core CPUs with processing speeds over 2GHz. If your purpose is to browse the Internet or read books, then the low-end processor is sufficient. But if you want to use a tablet to do graphic designing, then a higher-end CPU is necessary.
- Battery life: Normally, printed or started battery life cannot be trusted as it is gauged under the most optimal conditions. It is better to read reviews on the Internet to know the battery life in normal usage as they are a more reliable basis.
- Storage: As we are specifically targeting college students here, storage is an essential factor to consider. All the assignments, video lectures, necessary documents etc. are needed to be stored with them for later use. Therefore, tablets with proper internal storage like 8GB, 16GB or 32 GB would be the right choice.
- Cellular: An extra exciting addition to the tablet category is cellular backing, which means these tablets support SIM card slots. When at some places you do not have a wi-fi connection, this attribute proves quite handy.
Nowadays many tablets come with the availability of a sim slot these days. If a tablet is doing everything that a smartphone could then why not a SIM support system. It is very easy to connect every tablet to whatever wireless networks whose access people have.
Frequently Asked Questions About Best Tablet For College Students
1. Which operating system should work better on tablets?
No need to struggle in finding out the answer to this question; choose a device that matches your laptop or phone’s system. It also depends on the person’s personal preference like what type of applications you like, do you want your devices to work together or do you have any favourite software which is OS-dependent, select a tablet that uses the same one. There are a bunch of options provided by Apple, IOS and Windows.
2. How much memory is sufficient in the tablet?
Again this also depends on your individual preferences and needs. Are you buying the tablet for college assignments, or are you just buying it for your entertainment? Most tablets have storage space ranging between 16GB to 64GB, but only one 2-hour HD movie can take up about 3GB of that.
Music, games, photos, books, apps and other files eat up space, too. If you’re unsure of how much memory you’ll need, allow for a device with a slot for an external memory card, so you can extend your storage area.
3. Which size is most suitable?
Whether you want small or large or medium size also works well for you, you have it. It depends on your preference and how mobile you want to be. Small tablets are easy to handle and useful in mobility, whereas large tablets are typically hard to manage and create difficulty in carrying it around.
4. How much battery life is substantial?
If you are planning to do long hours of work on your tablet, you need at least 8 to 9 hours of battery life in a single charge. Usually, the tablet comes at an average of 10 hours of battery life.
Though it is not necessary that realistically also it provides that much battery life. For you to be sure, make sure to read other users’ reviews in that context because they’ll be more truthful about it.
5. Is cellular service an important feature to have in tablets?
Think about the places you’ll use your tablet and for what use you will buy this. If you are generally in areas with wireless networks, then you can stick with a tablet that only has WiFi.
But if you’re always on the go and need the Internet for anything from web surfing and email checking to access a work computer, then you’ll need cellular service, which will increase the value of your tablet and add a monthly cell service charge, too. Anywhere you go, you will be able to use the hotspots of mobile.
Tablets are incredible devices that fasten the rift between smartphones and laptop and desktop computers. Carefully contemplate these components to obtain the perfect tablet for your certain needs.
With this detailed review with pros and cons of some of the Best Tablet For College Students available in the market and some frequently asked questions, I don’t think students would have any more doubt about what to buy.
Finding the right one mostly depends on the task you got to do in it; in other words, the purpose is what you need to keep in mind while selecting the right tablet. If you want to use the tablet to take down notes or get a day to day work done on the go, then you will need a high-performance processor with good battery life. The better the processor and the battery life, the better will be the velocity of the tablet.
Tip: Good working tablet lasts at least 8 to 9 hours after a single charge.
Setting a budget is another central part that you need to consider beforehand. During this pandemic, almost all our tasks are done online and hence put a lot of pressure on our eyes. To remedy this, display quality should be taken into account properly. Now it’s in your hand to make a reasonable and smart decision.
more related reviews: